Terms and Conditions
1. MAMA’S MEDICINE provides placenta services including placenta encapsulation, placenta prints & cord keepsakes.
2. I have been trained by Placenta Benefits Info (PBi) to provide placenta encapsulation services to the public. PBi does not insure Placenta Specialists and the Client’s relationship is solely with the Specialist and not with PBi.
3. The TCM process of encapsulation used by MAMA’S MEDICINE is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine.
4. Placenta encapsulation itself is experimental in nature and whilst the benefits of consuming the placenta post-birth are based on research studies, articles and testimonials from new mothers this research is ongoing and MAMA’S MEDICINE does not give any warranty or representation that these benefits are guaranteed.
5. Clients to who choose to utilize these services take full responsibility of their own health and for researching and using the remedies provided in this service.
6. The Client agrees that MAMA’S MEDICINE are not liable and do not take responsibility for any results or effects the Client may experience before, during or after consuming the placenta unless resulting directly from the negligence of the Specialist.
7. MAMA’S MEDICINE recommends placenta capsules are for the Client’s own use only.
8. MAMA’S MEDICINE Specialists will not perform placenta encapsulation for Clients who have ever tested positive for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B and/or Hepatitis C.
9. All methods of decontamination and sterilization of equipment used by MAMA’S MEDICINE Specialists are practiced to Government guidelines and regulations.
10. MAMA’S MEDICINE Specialists take pride in using natural techniques when preparing the placenta, however certain hospital grade chemical disinfectants must be used to decontaminate and sterilize equipment before and after each Client.
11. Your MAMA’S MEDICINE Specialist aims to prepare the placenta within 3 days after the birth. However we will not be held accountable should a circumstance arise where the placenta encapsulation cannot be completed until an agreed date and time. Please see documents ‘MAMA’S MEDICINE ‘PLACENTA CARE GUIDE’ for guidelines for handling of your placenta.
12. MAMA’S MEDICINE Specialists do not take responsibility for damaged, contaminated or lost placentas before the placenta comes into our care.
13. The Client agrees to store her placenta in a clean, labelled container inside a cooler bag on ice or in a refrigerator within ½ hour after birth of the placenta and agrees to ensure her placenta remains properly chilled until collection.
14. The Client agrees to contact her placenta specialist within 3 hours after birth to arrange safe collection of her placenta.
15. The Client consents to the removal of the placenta from the hospital (or home) by the Specialist to the extent necessary for the performance by the Specialist of the placenta services.